- This event has passed.
Emily Hall – St. Louis Writer’s Guild
April 2, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
For many writers, nothing compares to seeing their book on the shelves of local bookstores, but getting it there isn’t always easy. Bookseller Emily Hall of Main Street Books will offer some guidance in her April 2 talk on “Wherever Books are Sold: A Guide to Forming a Lasting Partnership with Independent Bookstores.”
Emily will discuss:
- how bookstores select books to stock,
- what research independently published authors should do before they visit any bookstore,
- how to approach the owner/manager of the store in a respectful and conscientious way,
- how to promote your book once it makes it into said bookstores, and
- how to schedule and promote a signing with an independent bookstore.
Main Street Books Event Guidelines: Main Street Books is a locally owned, independent bookstore. We hope you’ll attend our events and have fun. If you would like a book signed, we ask that you consider purchasing your book from Main Street Books. Your support is appreciated and it show publishers that they should continue to send their authors to Main Street Books.
Did you miss an event, but still want an autographed copy? Fill out our Miss An Event form and we’ll help you make arrangements to purchase a signed book.
Still have questions? Contact us please.